Aside from HINABN this is one of my favourite tutorials because she talks about Nearest Neighbour interpolation which is a huge lifesaver for anybody who uses the pencil tool.
Click the source link to see it at a readable size.
this is basically just me showing you how I gif. (dunderklumpen style? idek) I only ever read one tutorial long after I figured out how to gif, so we’ll see how this goes. there’s a section on the basics, but most of it is focused on the more interesting stuff like sharpening and colouring. or, how to make your gif look pretty. just one thing: a lot of the things I do are the result of linda and me challenging each other to become better gifmakers and constantly trying and combining new things.
recommended software: photoshop cs5, the kmplayer and topaz clean
things that are in this tutorial:
1. capping and choosing the right caps/size
2. the basics in photoshop
more advanced things (or, how I gif)
3. using actions
4. (auto) sharpening
6. static background and other tips on saving kbs
last updated: 7 March 2012
Here are some useful extensions, scripts, and tutorials for Tumblr. Scripts require a simple, one click install for Google Chrome. Firefox users may need to download Greasemonkey first before installing scripts.
As far as I know, these scripts/extensions can work together.
I’ll add more links as I think of them, and feel free to share your own tips or resources.
- Missing E - Probably the most popular Tumblr extension. Features: one click reblog/queue/drafts, automatically clears all tags when reblogging, adds tags to ask/reply, allows one click reply to comments, shuffle queue, adds timestamp to posts on your dashboard, replaces text (reblog, notes) with picture icons, and more. Downside: Tumblr apparently hates Missing E, and will try to scare you into disabling it.
- Xkit - Similar to Missing E. Some additional features: Unfollower check, shorten long posts on dashboard, highlight key terms in posts, download mp3 from audio posts.
- Tumblr Savior - Blacklist tags that you do not want to see on your dashboard. Downside: Not everyone tags.
Some selections from a larger collection of scripts (please note that I don’t use all of these, so I don’t know which ones still work):
- Tumblr Life - Quick links to sort your dashboard by content (photos, text, quotes, video, etc), adds keyboard shortcuts.
- Tumblr Hate - Do you keep seeing the same post reblogged in your dashboard? This script lets you “hate” that post so you won’t see it again.
- Tumblr Helper - Create post templates with common settings, add personal notes to users on your dashboard
- Tumtaster - download mp3s from tumblr
- Notification eraser - Maybe you have one post that keeps getting a ton of notes and you want the notifications to stop showing up in your dash.
- Tumblr Stats - hover over an avatar to see a user’s stats
- Block posts by source - self-explanatory
- Don’t Ask - gets rid of ask posts on your dashboard
- Make avatars bigger on your dashboard
- Unfollower check
- Edit tags from your dash
- Tumblr Settings - Change URL, ask and submit options, enable replies, time zone settings.
- Tumblr Preferences - Dashboard preferences, email address and password reset.
- Tumblr bookmarklet
- Tumblr Mega-Editor - mass edit your posts
- Use old customize theme page
- http://www.tumblr.com/show/photos (replace photos with other types of posts to filter your dash)
- How to reblog by post type (reblog a post as text, link, etc)
- Use “read more”
- Tumblr Backup Application (for Mac)
- Best of your tumblr - find your most popular posts
- Tumblr Stats - tells you about your tumblr
- Tumblr Tags - view all your tags
- Disqus - add comments section to your tumblr
- Trntbl - listen to all the music/audio posts on a tumblr
- Make a word cloudTumblr theme cutomization:
- Make a blogroll
- Theme recovery
- Combine ask and submit box
- How to add text to your ask page
- More tumblr resources: tumblring.net - academyoftumblr - tutorialsandmore
- Google Analytics
- Revolver Map
- Users online
- Flag counter
- Followers counter
- Know Anon - if you are getting harassed by anons, you can use this to find out their identity
Feet are so complicated, much more so than hands, and we don’t even see feet that much unless it’s the summer and people are wearing sandals. I could probably draw like 10 pages on feet so … I hope I covered enough in this tutorial. For those of you who can’t draw feet, enjoy it
- a quick guide to understanding channel mixer
- curves tutorial
- tutorial on typography: how to use open type feature in your text
- make text your friend: part i - fonts
- make text your friend: part ii - techniques
- how to cut things out in photoshop
- color range
- how to do a silhouette effect
- fast rounded corners in photoshop
- GIF Tutorial: 1, 2, 3
- photoshop serigraphs
- old photo effect
- creating an abstract water color effect
- colorful poster tutorial
- colorful pastel typo tutorial
- create a dramatic western style movie poster
- retro styled poster
- create an intense movie poster
- using negative space/extending backgrounds
- tutorial: scratchy film lines
- fanart tutorial
- variations, color effects, scrolling text
- blending tutorial
- multicolored stripes
- cutting out circles
- how to add google adsense
- tumblr theme tutorial
- tutorial: dotted outlines
- how to fill text with an image
- tutorial: light waves
- textures/brushes guide
- tutorial: torn paper
- how to use masks
- how to auto-cap dvds (and other video files) in kmplayer
- planet photoshop
drawing wings on humanoids tutorial
seriously the best goddamn tutorial i’ve EVER FOUND goddamn
thought maybe my good omens bros would appreciate it?
Reblogging it for any of my artistic followers who may be interested in this.
Firefox web browser:
To download tumblr songs, Firefox should be your most-used internet browser. You’ll also need the Greasemonkey addon. Greasemonkey allows you to install third-party scripts to customize the way you view webpages. The script you will be using for downloading tumblr mp3s is Tumtaster. It creates download links below music players on tumblr that allow you to easily download any song you may come across.
Google Chrome web browser:
Since the ‘Greasemonkey addon’ isn’t for Google Chrome, you’ll need to download the ‘Blank Canvas Script Handler’, which is bascially the GreaseMonkey add-on for chrome. Once you download that, it should auto-install. Once it has installed, you want to download ‘Tumtaster’, which is the application used to download tumblr songs. [NOTE: If you don’t have the Blank Canvas Script Handler installed, you wont be able to download ANY songs.] Once you’ve sucessfully downloaded the two applications above, open up a new tab, and go to a music post [on tumblr]. You should see something like the picture below. If you don’t, something’s wrong, and you should start over if necessary.
If you see the ‘Click to download’ box below the audio player, click it!
you should see a seperate player, in a new tab like this:
If you see that, just Right Click anywhere on the player, and click ‘Save video as’ [Yes, I know it’s not a video, but it says that. It will save as a .mp3 [music file]].
and just rename the music file to your liking and You’re Done! If you’ve found this post helpful, please reblog!
I’m not sure if this works on other web browsers, but I know it works on Chrome, and Firefox for sure. ENJOY!
UPDATE FOR CHROME:
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/igkglbhdogeemdmnfdjgapgacfhgiikd <- This is better alternative tumblr song downloading PLUGIN FOR CHROME.